Friends, I am going to talk about today’s article. What DNS is about DNS and how it works. A lot of people do not know about it, so I thought that inside today’s article. I tell you about it in full detail. So, if you do not even know then today’s article is only for you because inside today’s article I will give you. I will tell you to step by step in the whole detail. So, that you also understand and you can share it among your friends. (DNS history)
As we all know that our computers do not understand our human language. It only identifies numbers. If we have to access a website on the Internet, then we also need a number for it. Whom. Called IP-address.
What Is DNS?
So let me tell you first. What is the full form of DNS? The full name of DNS is Domain Name System. This is an Internet phonebook. It translates DNS domain names to IP addresses. So that the browser can load Internet resources. Just as we use the phonebook to save numbers in the phone. The domain name system uses DNS to remember the IP-address of websites.
With this help, users can easily access the site through the domain, because it is easier to remember the domain name than to remember the IP address. Every domain name and Internet-connected device has a unique IP address. Which shows which server the website is stored on, that is, each device connected to the Internet has a unique IP address. Which other machines use to find the device.
How does DNS work?
An IP address is provided for each device on the Internet and that address is required to find the appropriate Internet device. For example, the street address is used to locate a particular house. Likewise, when a user wants to load any webpage, the user uses a web browser and machine-friendly addresses like example.com.
To understand the process behind DNS resolution it is important to teach about the various hardware components between which DNS queries are passed.
So let me explain to you according to the point.
- When we intercept the address of the browser in a website address ie Domain Name like example.com. The first task of the browser is to find the IP address of that domain.
- For this, the cache memory of the browser is first checked. If you have previously visited Google website in this, then its IP-address is stored in your browser’s cache.
- The IP is found in the cache, it opens the website. If the Browser Cache IP is not stored then the browser will transfer the operating system of the system such as Windows Android or Mac Request.
- The operating system sends you the request to resolve, ie your Internet service provider ISP, which also has a cache that can record the IP address.
- If this IP is found, then this process is over or the client is informed of the IP so that the website can be accessed.
- And even here, if IP is not found, then in resolve the request is transferred and goes to the root server.
History of DNS.
Many years ago, when the size of the Internet was very small, very few websites and devices were used, whose IP address people had to remember. But as the size of this network increased and thousands of websites were created. It became very difficult to remember the IP address of all of them. (DNS history)
To deal with this problem, then in the 1980s, a man named Paul Mockapetris who was a computer scientist. Who invented the domain name system. Under this invention, some names were given to the human-readable name of the website, which became easy for us humans to remember.
I have given you complete information about what is DNA and how it works, so I hope you have understood it.
Note: So I hope You liked this article. If you like it, share it like Facebook Twitter, etc.